Celebrate the Planet. All Day Two-Day Festival.
10AM - 6PM | Fair Park | Free Admission
This agreement represents a request for space at the Earth Day Dallas, Inc. (hereafter referred to as “EDD”) event currently entitled Earth Day Dallas 2013 at Fair Park in Dallas, Texas from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on April 20 and April 21 of 2013 (the “Event”) and does not entitle an exhibitor to exhibition space until it has received written approval by EDD.
1. EDD reserves the right to refuse any/or all requests for an exhibition space. In all cases where EDD refuses to license exhibition space to an exhibition space applicant, EDD will return any and all payments received by EDD from exhibition space applicant.
2. If an exhibitor’s request for exhibition space is approved and a booth assignment is made by EDD (hereafter referred as “Booth Area”), a copy of this agreement or other form of electronic communication will be returned to the approved exhibitor (hereafter referred to as “Exhibitor”) and will serve as a binding license by and between Exhibitor and EDD, to use designated Booth Area as a booth for the sole purpose stated in this agreement. The term of this agreement shall be from the date of execution by both parties until the latter of 6:00 p.m. of April 21, 2013 or the end of the actual last day of the festival. In the event Exhibitor is unable to attend the event for any reason, booth license fees will not be refunded or transferred to a subsequent year for any reason.
3. Floor plans and booth assignments are solely at EDD’S discretion and are subject to change at any time. EDD’s festival dates, EDD’s festival locations are subject to change and cancellation at any time.
4. Exhibitor requests for booth relocation are subject to EDD’S written approval, which shall be at EDD’s sole discretion. Exhibitors that request relocation may be subject to relative additional charges and fees by EDD and its contractors.
5. By Exhibitor’s execution of this agreement, Exhibitor and its agents, employees and invitees, agree to abide by and comply fully with all Terms and Conditions set forth herein as well as any additional rules and regulations that may be set out by EDD. Failure to comply with same shall constitute default by Exhibitor. Upon the occurrence of any default by Exhibitor, EDD may terminate this agreement whereupon EDD may retain any deposits and the booth fee or other amounts theretofore paid by Exhibitor.
6. Exhibitor shall use the Booth Area solely for the purpose of selling and /or exhibiting products, goods, services, programs, causes, and educational information relevant to the green/sustainable/eco industry and for no other purpose. Assigning or subletting of the Booth Area is prohibited. EDD reserves the right in its sole discretion to expel any assignee from the festival without notice.
7. Exhibitor hereby releases EDD, Fair Park and the City of Dallas and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, contract workers, volunteers and agents from all claims, demands, loss, damage or expense, including those personal or bodily injuries or property damages arising out of or in connection with the use of the Booth Area by Exhibitor during the festival. Exhibitor acknowledges that EDD provides no insurance and accepts no responsibility for any such losses or damages in connection with the festival. This section shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
8. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless EDD, Fair Park and the City of Dallas and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, contract workers, volunteers’ and agents and any person or entry to which EDD, Fair Park or the City of Dallas owes a similar duty of indemnification from and against all claims, damages, liens, causes of action, suits, judgments and expenses, including attorney fees, which may arise out of or in any way related to the festival, specifically, personal injury or death, even if caused by the negligence of EDD, Fair Park and the City of Dallas and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, contract workers, volunteers and agents. Exhibitor’s liability includes but is not limited to personal injury caused by water spills or display breakdowns, property damage to other exhibitor’s or EDD, Fair Park or the City of Dallas property, exhibit space or premises or other areas of the festival caused by water spills, leakage or display breakdowns. This section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
9. Exhibitor shall maintain commercial general liability insurance and insurance providing protection to Exhibitor for theft and/or damage to Exhibitor’s property or products in an amount not less than $2,000,000. Exhibitor shall present via mail, fax or e-mail to EDD a certificate of insurance to EDD naming EDD, Fair Park and the City of Dallas as and additional insured and evidencing the required coverage no later than thirty (30) days prior to the Event. All personal property belonging to Exhibitor that is in or any part of the Booth Area shall be there at risk of Exhibitor only, and EDD, Fair Park, the City of Dallas and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, contract works, volunteers and agents shall not be liable for any damage thereto or for the theft misappropriation thereof.
10. Exhibitor shall not attach anything to the tenting and/or any part of the structure that makes up the Booth Area that does not meet guidelines furnished by the event contractor. Tenting structures are not typically load bearing, and all product and/or fixtures belonging to the Exhibitor must meet guidelines furnished by the event contractor.
11. Exhibits must remain completely intact and the Booth Area staffed during scheduled festival hours. Exhibitors arriving late and/or leaving early are subject to expulsion.
12. Booth Area not claimed by the end of the exhibitor load-in period of the festival shall be deemed abandoned and revert to EDD to be utilized at its sole discretion. In such event, Exhibitor forfeits any and all deposits, fees, payments or other monies therefore paid to EDD.
13. All exhibitors, officers, agents, employees or other representatives shall obtain passes from Exhibitor Registration and wear such passes while at EDD at all times.
14. EDD reserves the right to move or remove from the festival any Exhibitor and/or its representative or exhibit for the good of the festival.
15. Exhibitor is required to remove all waste from the festival area. If Exhibitor does not properly clean their Booth Area or any surrounding area, Exhibitor may be charged a penalty of $100 for the removal of trash, displays and any other materials. Whenever possible all waste should be recycled.
16. EDD reserves the right of refusal to not allow the sale of items that do not meet the festival standards or do not relate to the green/sustainable/eco industry.
17. Exhibitors are solely responsible for securing the proper retail permits and for collection and payment of any/all sales tax.
By agreeing to the Terms & Conditions of this Agreement during the online registration process, the Exhibitor agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions contained in this letter.
Earth Day Dallas, Inc.
3523 McKinney Ave. #241
Dallas, TX 75204
Eco Expo Manager